Thursday, July 31, 2008

The results are in


Disney played 20 minutes of footage of Bolt at Comicon this year. It played in a room full of 6,500 people that lined up for hours. All kinds of critics, and here's what they had to say:

BOLT reviews from ComicCon attendees....
"Disney's Bolt presentation at Comic Con received a great response - even moreso than Pixar's Up.
>From what I've seen, the animation is spectacular - Disney's most ambitious effort yet. A friend of mine was lucky enough to be at the presentation and echoed my praises - said the coats on all the animals and landscapes/cityscapes were particulary impressive."

"Just got done with the Disney panel: they did a magnificent job. the crowd really ate up Bolt, with over 20 minutes of footage, thats a lot of face time with the actual movie, and it sold me completely. I went from not interested to must see.

"By all accounts from the folks who saw the footage at Comic Con, Bolt is looking like a smash hit. Hanven't seen enough on Up to make any decent judgment yet, but I imagine it will be on par with Pixar's unusual excellence. But the real story here is Bolt, for exceeding all expectations by fairly wide margins."

3 comments:

Kate said...

all Due to you I imagine!
great news!

Hyrum Virl Osmond said...

yes, well I suppose I did have a hand in refilling the water jugs and getting everyone their coffee.

Kendra said...

And providing hours of endless entertainment with the Star Wars game and Wild Horses.