Thursday, January 15, 2009

Best Picture of 2008

It's time for my vote for best picture of 2008. I saw many movies last year and I have to say that without question the winner is "Big Trouble in Little China".

Perhaps you're thinking this movie doesn't quite qualify as an '08 flick, well, a lot of movies came out in '08 and I pretty much hated all of them. Thats right stupid Hollywood, until you start giving me something new worth spending 11 plus dollars on in the theater, I'm going with the good old reliable kung fu action.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Jim might agree with you on this...he watched it just 2 days ago..."in a dark and stormy night"
love me some early kim cattrall

Jim said...

Dude! First of all.. let me tell you my favorite movie of the year is still "Rachel getting Married"
I also loved Torino, but as for Big Trouble... it doesn't get any better than a little Jack Burton..
"it's all in the reflexes"
frakin Fantistic.. I'm going Shooting next week? wanna go? let me know..

Brian Cutler said...

Dooooood! BTILC is easily one of my favorite movies of all time. My brother and I can carry on complete conversations using nothing but quotes from this movie. Well done Mr. Osmond.

Kay said...

U didn't like Prince Caspian? Or what about Bolt? That came out in 08.

If you don't like our movies, go rent "My Girl" the Korean drama from your local Blockbuster or online. You're wife will totally enjoy it!

Hyrum Virl Osmond said...

Bolt? Oh yeah, isn't that about a dog that escapes from Africa or something...I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. :)

Jeremy said...

BTW, looks like your picture is the Laser Disc version of the movie. As much as I loved the Laser Disc in 1993, Pioneer just stopped making the LD player

Hyrum Virl Osmond said...

I know, so cool. BTILC on laser disc.........there will can be nothing better.